Aydon is reappointed as a consultant to the Government of Wales to assist with its International Trade Opportunities programme under a new 3 year renewable contract commencing 12th January 2016.
The Welsh Government is working to improve the lives of people in Wales and to make the nation a better place in which to live and work . The Department for Business, Enterprise, Technology and Science will contribute to future economic renewal by working with key sectors in order that Wales can gain competitive advantage and benefit from growing markets within both the UK and internationally. The key sectors are:
• Advanced Materials & Manufacturing
• Creative Industries
• Energy & Environment
• Financial & Professional Services
• Information Communication Technologies
• Life Sciences
• Food and Farming
The Trade Support Team provides a suit of programmes to support companies to internationalise, and aims to ensure that the Welsh Government has access to a network of motivated experts providing high quality international trade advice, business support and other related services to new and existing exporters in Wales.
Within this remit lies the International Trade Opportunities programme; A framework of skilled and experienced international business development contractors who will be required to work on bespoke projects for Welsh companies and/or the Welsh Government. Based on business requirements, contractors will receive project briefs outlining the work required originating from either a Welsh Business or the Welsh Government and will be asked to provide a project proposal and quote to deliver the work outlined.
The project may be identification of potential customers, distributors, agents, partners, sales outlets etc along with advice on regulations and any other relevant local intelligence needed to ensure a successful project, or may focus on a market visit by a Welsh company or support in setting up business meetings in advance of the visit and one-to-one support during the visit. It may also involve a bespoke project to cover any aspect of work that could lead to achievement of the aims and objectives of the programme.
Aydon is delighted and proud to announce that it has been awarded a 3 year consultancy renewable contract by the Government of Wales under this programme commencing 12th January 2016 covering all 7 Lots offered and tendered which consists of 58 countries as below:
• Lot 2a – Western Europe – Ireland, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Iceland, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Austria, Switzerland,
• Lot 2b - Central Europe, Eastern Europe & Russia – Russia, Ukraine, Czech Republic, Poland, Romania, Turkey, Hungary, Slovakia, Slovenia, Bulgaria, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Greece
• Lot 2c – Middle East & Africa – Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Qatar, Kuwait, Egypt, Oman, UAE, South Africa
• Lot 2d – Americas – USA, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Chile
• Lot 2e – India
• Lot 2f – Asia Pacific 1 – China, Taiwan, Hong Kong
• Lot 2g – Asia Pacific 2 – Japan, South Korea, Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Australia, New Zealand
Aydon once again looks forward to efficiently servicing this programme with its experienced domestic team and international associates.